The second round of regional competitions took place this past weekend.
Congratulations to all of the teams who won!
- Bay Scallop Bowl – Mount Sinai High School
- Blue Crab Bowl – Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School
- Blue Heron Bowl – North Carolina School of Science and Math
- Hurricane Bowl – Oxford High School
- Loggerhead Challenge – Brandeis High School
- Manatee Bowl – Viera High School
- Penguin Bowl – Centerville High School
- Salmon Bowl – Neah-Kah-Nie High School
- Spoonbill Bowl – Eastside High School
- Trout Bowl – Liberty Common High School
- Tsunami Bowl – Mat-Su Career and Technical Center
The 20th Annual National Ocean Sciences Bowl Finals Competition will be held in Corvallis, Oregon from April 20 – 23, 2017 at Oregon State University.
The theme for the 2017 National Ocean Sciences Bowl will be “Blue Energy – Powering the Planet with our Ocean.” This theme incorporates many new and current topics that are increasingly becoming popular news subjects as a shift toward renewable energies is realized. Marine renewable energy can be one of the many needed solutions to reducing future climate change, preserving our way of life, and securing a healthy and productive ocean for the generations to come.
Stay tuned for the full list of the 25 winning schools from each of the regional competitions that will be moving on to the 2017 NOSB Finals Competition.
We look forward to seeing many familiar faces in Corvallis!