Dolphin Challenge Winners – Sanger High School
The second round of regional competitions took place this past weekend. Congratulations to all of the teams who won!
- Blue Lobster Bowl – Lexington High School
- Dolphin Challenge – Sanger High School
- Los Angeles Surf Bowl – Arcadia High School
- Manatee Bowl – Maritime & Science Tech (MAST) Academy
- Orca Bowl – Friday Harbor High School
- Salmon Bowl – Boise High School
- Sea Lion Bowl – Mission San Jose High School
- Shore Bowl – West-Windsor Plainsboro High School South
The 18th Annual National Ocean Sciences Bowl Finals Competition will be held in Ocean Springs, Mississippi from April 23 – 26, 2015 at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast Research Laboratory.
The theme for the 2015 National Ocean Sciences Bowl will be “the Science of Oil in the Ocean.” This theme includes many science disciplines and encourages increased awareness and understanding of the origins of oil in the ocean; transport, breakdown, and remediation of oil in the ocean; the impact of oil on organisms, ecosystems, and humans; and policy related to oil production, spills, and restoration.
Click here for the full list of the 23 winning schools from each of the regional competitions that will be moving on to the 2015 NOSB Finals Competition.
We look forward to seeing many familiar faces in Ocean Springs!