This coming school year, the NOSB will be celebrating its 20th anniversary! We want to get in touch with you, our NOSB alums, and find out what you’re doing and the impact the NOSB has had on your life and career. It’s okay if you’re not a marine scientist – we want to hear from you no matter what career path you took. Specifically we’d like to know:
- What you’re doing. If you’re in school, what are you majoring in? If you’re out of school, what type of work are you doing?
- A brief statement about how the NOSB impacted your life and career (this can be as short as a sentence or as long as you like).
- Relevant details – what years you participated, when you graduated, what high school you went to, and your regional bowl.
You can send us this information through:
Twitter: Use the handle @NOSBRocks and/or the hashtag #NOSBAlums
Facebook: Post on our National Ocean Sciences Bowl Facebook page
Snail mail: NOSB, 1201 New York Ave, NW 4th Floor Washington, DC 20005
We also need your help to find more NOSB alums! We want to find as many of our alums as possible. Please share this message with your fellow friends and former (friendly) competitors. We know that it’s hard to answer all of the above questions in the 140 characters that Twitter allows (but major kudos to anyone who does), so to help spread the word, please help search for alums on Twitter with the hashtag #NOSBAlums.
We’re offering prizes (vintage NOSB shirts, posters, and key rings while supplies last) to the:
- First to respond from the year you competed
- First to respond from your regional bowl
- First to respond from your high school
- Person who tweets most about it for the next week (Final day: July 16)
- Person who tweets most about it during July
- First person to find and connect five alums (make sure to ask them to reference you in their outreach to us)
- First coach who finds and connects us to five alums
We’ll be doing several rounds of alum outreach during the coming months, so please keep an eye out for new opportunities, games, and prizes!