19th Annual National Ocean Sciences Bowl Finals: Regional Winners Announced
Congratulations to all of the teams who won!
- Bay Scallop Bowl – Midwood High School
- Blue Lobster Bowl – Lexington High School
- Dolphin Challenge – The Village School, Houston, TX
- Garibaldi Bowl – Dana Hills High School
- Hurricane Bowl – Oxford High School
- Los Angeles Surf Bowl – Santa Monica High School
- Manatee Bowl – Fort Pierce Central High School
- Orca Bowl – Garfield High School
- Salmon Bowl – Boise High School
- Sea Lion Bowl – Albany High School
- Trout Bowl – Liberty Common High School
- Tsunami Bowl – Mat-Su Career and Technical Center
The 19th Annual National Ocean Sciences Bowl Finals Competition will be held in Morehead City, North Carolina from April 21 – 24, 2016 at Carteret Community College.
The theme for the 2016 National Ocean Sciences Bowl will be “Our Changing Ocean: Science for Strong Coastal Communities.” This theme includes many science disciplines and encourages increased understanding of the science needed to sustain strong coastal communities, including: improving community awareness, solutions to erosion and increased development, restoration of coastlines, protection of estuarine ecosystems and services, and improving coastal disaster projection, preparedness and response.
Click here for the full list of the 24 winning schools from each of the regional competitions that will be moving on to the 2016 NOSB Finals Competition.
We look forward to seeing many familiar faces in Morehead City!